Talks and Workshops
Falling More Deeply in Love With God
Spiritual Exercises: Growing in Christ
“Nothing they have imagined they could do would be impossible for them” (Gen. 11:16, AMB). God has given us a tremendous gift in our ability to imagine, and the Spiritual Exercises allow us to use that gift to reach the most noble of goals, falling more deeply in love with God. In this experiential workshop, I’ll lead you in imaginative Scriptural prayer focused on Jesus’ most transformative words, actions, and parables.
In Christ, we don’t need the past to give us our identity. Our identity is rooted in Him. We no longer need the future and its accomplishments to fulfill us. We are complete in Him. God meets us in the present moment. Our intimate relationship with God allows us to realize the possibilities this moment holds. Life no longer slips through our fingers as we are distracted by thoughts of the past or future.
During this evening of discussion and prayer, you’ll also experience the sacredness of silence, of resting in the Lord. In our deepest relationships, words are often unneeded, interrupting rather than creating union. We can sit with our closest loved ones and just absorb their presence. Likewise, we can just enjoy being with God, who says: “Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).
This presentation can be geared to people of all ages and interests.
Please see comments below, as well as Testimonials.
Responses from Teens:
- “This was amazing. I learned so much. I can’t wait to continue using my knowledge in prayer. And it was a pleasure talking to such a loving woman too.” M.S.
- “It was great getting a chance to receive God in such an intimate way.” B.A.
- “This was very powerful. And I enjoyed learning a new prayer form.” M.L.
Responses from Adults:
- “God’s presence was real. This was transformative. Sally gave me tools I can really use in my life.” A.N.
- “I never put much thought into my relationship with God. But during (prayer) I had my first interior experience. I learned about myself and what God meant to me.” T.G.
- “Thank you for the wonderful advent retreat this year. I loved the guided prayer. I am continuing my journey with fortification from you.” N.G.
- ”The prayer made me feel deep trust in God. I’m not a big worrier anymore.” J.W.G.
Discernment and the Examen Workshop
How often do you need to make a decision, and NEED to make the right one? Ever wish God would send you a text giving you some good advice? It would be helpful to see what the Source of all wisdom says, even in smaller matters.
In this workshop, I’ll share some of St. Ignatius’ “rules of discernment.” If well-read, twenty-first century seekers climb the steep mountain path seeking spiritual wisdom, they’ll find 16th century St. Ignatius sitting at its peak.
Another element of St. Ignatius’ Spiritual Exercises involves learning the lessons of life while you’re still living. If you’d prefer to step over the potholes you‘ve previously fallen into, you will love St. Ignatius’ Examen. The Examen is a life changer and a lifesaver.
To find out more about this workshop for your group, please contact me.
Responses to Spiritual Exercises: Discernment and the Examen Workshop:
- “Since the workshop I feel more comfortable with God. It’s easier to talk to him and distinguish what he is saying to me and act upon my understanding.” J.W.
- “In our private conversation your extreme sensitivity and concern meant so much. Our short private reflection time and the self-examination topics were extremely helpful!” T.B.
- “The Examen helps me to know that there is always this friend who will support me no matter what. I just feel really consoled.” W.P.
- “Using the Examen has helped me see I can accept the sufferings and unpleasant things in my life when I’m putting God first.” G.A.
- “With the Examen, I’m more aware of my surroundings and better at seeing God in all things.” G.F.
- “Your upbeat spirituality really motivates me to be a better person.” M.B.
- “I will always be grateful to you for your contribution to my spiritual growth.” G.R.
- “Your sharing of faith really touched my heartstrings.” K.R.
All presentations can be adapted to meet your group’s needs.